Friendly bikers

On my first day in Bangkok is walked a great deal. I walked from the Mo Chit bus terminal to the museum of modern art. There was a sidewalk everywhere but it wasn't reeeally intended for walking. I noticed because there was nobody there, just some industrial terrain and one family who were pushing all their earthly possessions in a small wagon. 

At a certain point I was passing along a railway that was being built, the next skytrain, when a guy with a motorcycle stopped and inquired something in presumably Thai. So I said yes. He gave me ride to further down the road, and I marveled at the famous kindness of Asian people.
The next day, when I was walking to the bus station with my backpack, it happened again, a man with a motorcycle offered me a lift. I noticed on his chest some official looking tag, and then I saw it also on the other bikers next to us, so I asked if he was a kind of a taxi perhaps. Yeah, so if I would give him 50 bhat, he would be really appreciate it, thanks.

Comments

Popular Posts