Excersize at 8 in the morning

The second night the jet lag caught up with me and I couldn't sleep. For some reason I also had the urge to think about the most painful things I could come up with, to ruminate and to wallow. It was a long night.
In the morning I made an attempt to escape myself, I was out of the feathers before dawn, packed my stuff and left for the station. Which I reached one hour ahead of time.
In the 7eleven I helped myself to the best packaged sandwiches the 7eleven has to offer, and I even found coffee. Americano, which I like a lot but my Italian boyfriend assured me that it doesn't exist.
Balancing a reheated pizza toast, my big and my small backpack, the mall plastic bags full of foos and the coffee, I was very pleased with, I traversed the bus station when I noticed that most of the people who were waiting for the bus now stood up from their seats and some happy music was playing from the loudspeakers. Er, morning gymnastics? Then something was said and I think they played the national anthem, because even more people stood up, pretty much everyone in fact. I tried to shove everything into my bags, look respectfully around me, while I was obviously caught off guard, and still had the pizzatoast in my mouth, I wasn't very willing to let go of.
Music was over, everyone sat down, a transgender bus hostess brushed past me happily chatting with her colleague on her way out of the hall, so I swallowed the toast and without any further disturbances we all carried on.

Comments

Popular Posts